Friday, June 14, 2013

Fantastic Brownies


Oh my ... I just had the best brownie for breakfast!!! Probably not the most nutritious choice, but certainly a tasty one! 

I've recently been on a quest to find a really good brownie recipe, and I discovered that I should have just looked at my old recipes.  Yesterday I made a batch using a recipe I used over 40 years ago.  They may just be the best brownies I've had ... in forty years! ha! They blow box mixes out of the water!!! I must say, I prefer them cold ... but I’m sure they would be equally delicious if served hot with vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!


FANTASTIC BROWNIES

Ingredients:


  • 4 sq. Baker's unsweetened chocolate
  • 3/4 c. (1 1/2 sticks) butter (I used 'Salted Butter' because that is what I have on hand)
  • 2 c. sugar
  • 3 eggs (I used 4 because, although the carton said they were large eggs, they seemed a bit on the small side)
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 c. flour (I added 1 Tbl due to high altitude)
  • 1 c. chopped nuts, optional (I did not have any, so I made mine without)
Directions:

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.

2.  Microwave chocolate and butter in large microwave bowl at high 2 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.


3. Stir sugar into chocolate. Mix in eggs and vanilla until well blended. Stir in flour and nuts. 

4.  Spread in greased 13 x 9 inch pan.



Note:  When using glass baking dish, bake at 325 degrees.  

For cake-like brownies, stir in 1/2 cup milk with eggs; use 1 1/2 cups flour.

5. Bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with fudgie crumbs. Cool in pan; cut into squares. Makes 24 fudgie brownies.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment